Facebook Fan Page Upgrade!
VERSION 6.0.0 (Joomla! 3.6.5+ Only!) NEW UPGRADE. This is an all new extension upgrade that supports Facebook's API v2.8 requirements.
With this upgrade release you will be required to re-set EVERY module setting with the exception of your Facebook URL, AppID and Access Token. However, if your Facebook App registration is for their API v2.2, it will expire on March 27, 2017! You will have to create a new Facebook App (API v2.8) and acquire an all new Access Token. You have been so warned!
Facebook Fan Page is a Joomla module that will display any public access Facebook Fan Page on your Joomla! 3.6.5+ website. You can customize Facebook Fan Page to your website's demanding look and feel using any or all of the module options Facebook Fan Page gives you...
You work hard getting visitors to your website. Don’t keep sending them to Facebook... instead, bring your FanPage to them with Facebook Fan Page!
PLEASE NOTE: This module will not display a 'personal' Facebook page... just a public access FAN PAGE!
Facebook Fan Page v6.0.0 release:
This release (v6.0.0) fixes all of the module's past issues when rendering the latest Facebook API requirements. PLEASE UPGRADE!
- Facebook Fanpage URL name: Enter the 'Public Facebook Fanpage' you wish to display
- Facebook Application ID: Enter your Facebook Application ID here (Instructions)
- Select Facebook ID Option: Enter your Facebook Secret ID or Access Token here (see TROUBLESHOOTING below for explantation)
- Select default page view: Options are Posts, Photos, Videos or Albums.
- Select display mode: Options are Grid, List or Double Lists.
- Select date format: Options are Relative or Specific.
- Module width percentage: Default is 100% of your Joomla container width. Adjust as needed.
- Number of posts to display: Default is 10 posts. Adjust as needed.
- Number of posts per row: Default is 3 posts per row. Adjust as needed.
- Module Padding: Default is 1.2em. Increase or decrese this value to add more or less open space between your posts and the outside container. Please note: this value MUST use the 'em' value format!
- T|B spacing between posts: Default is 1.2em. Increase or decrease this value to add more or less spacing between your posts top & bottom. Please note: this value MUST use the 'em' value format!
- L|R spacing between posts: Default is 1.2em. Increase or decrease this value to add more or less spacing between your posts left & right.Please note: this value MUST use the 'em' value format!
- Popup or Links on click: Options are Popup or Link. Default is Popup.
- Bottom Margin: Default is 0px. Adjust this setting to give more bottom space between the end of the module and your next item. Some templates will require you to adjust as needed.
- Responsive Breakpoints: Default is 600,650,1200,2500. Adjusting these breakpoints will allow you to customize how Facebook Fan Page will look across different screen widths.
- Load more icon: Default is 'plus'. This value is for adjusting the icon that shows just before the bottom 'Load more button text'. This value is using Font Awesomewesome icons.
- Load more button text: Default is 'Show me more posts...'. Adjust as needed.
- Show cover image: Options are Yes or No. Default is Yes. Setting to No will remove the cover image from showing.
- Hide header?: Options Yes or No. Default is No. Setting to Yes will remove the header text from showing.
- Hide header text info?: Options Yes or No. Default is No. Setting to Yes will remove the header tag text from showing.
- Hide tabs: Options Yes or No. Default is No. Setting to Yes will remove the top left tabs from showing (Posts, Photos, Videos, Albums).
- Hide sorting?: Options Yes or No. Default is No. Setting to Yes will remove the top right sorting dropdown.
- Hide Likes|Comments: Options Yes or No. Default is No. Setting to Yes will remobe the posts Likes & Comments icons and count.
- Global font size ratio: Default is 16px. Adjusting this value will effect all text ratios within module proportions.
- Global background color: Default is rgba(244,64,54,1). Adjusting this color value will change all icons and links within each post.
- Header image height: Default is 400px. Adjust as needed.
- Header font color: Default is rgba(255,255,255,1). Adjusting this color value will change the header text color.
- Container background color: Default is rgba(236,239,241,1). Adjusting this color value will change the outside container color.
- Article box background color: Default is rgba(251,251,251,1). Adjusting this color value will change the post background color.
- Title font family: Default is Roboto Condensed. This font is from the Google Font Library. Adjust as needed.
- Body font family: Default is Roboto Condensed. This font is from the Google Font Library. Adjust as needed.
- Body posts font color: Default is rgba(97,93,93,1). Adjusting this color value will change the post font color.
- Body posts font weight: Options are Normal or Bold. Default is Normal. Adjust as needed.
- Controls text color: Default is rgda(0,0,0,1). Adjusting this color value will change all controls font color (Tabs, Sorting, Load more, etc.).
- Like|Comment icon color: Default is rgba(255,255,255,1). Adjusting this color value will change the Like & Comments icon color.
PLEASE NOTE: All of the color adjustments is using the latest Joomla! color picker feature. If you wish for a color to be transparent, slide the 'occupancy' slider to the very bottom or adjust the last rgba value to zero.
- With the release of Facebook Fan Page v6.0.0, the Joomla 2.5 download and support has ended. Please upgrade!
(A must read article)
Final comments: This 'Facebook Fan Page' module works! As evident to the demo below. The first three (3) Required Settings (Facebook Fanpage URL name, Facebook Application ID and Facebook Access Token) must be 100% corrent. If any of these settings are incorrect, this module will not work for you! Facebook Fan Page module will not work 'out of the box'. You are required to follow the 'TROUBLESHOOTING' instructions to obtain these three (3) Required Settings. If you request support because you can't get this module to work for you and I find that any of these three (3) Required Settings are incorrect, my support reply will be just that... Your settings are wrong so go back and start over! These three (3) Required Settings are from Facebook's API requirements and this is your job to obtain the correct settings.